Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Making New Years Resolutions


For 25 years, I have made 3 small lists on Dec. 31st in a journal. They are: What I want to do, what I want to be, and what I want to have in the coming year. I set goals that are a bit of a stretch, but doable. That way I have a good chance of achieving them, and my succeesses build upon one another. I haven't always accomplished everything on the list, but I do accomplish most things. Practicing yoga was on my list for 8 years until I finally developed a practice. Having it on the list helped. Someone today told me he is only having one resolution: to get in great physical shape. However you choose to set goals, be it several goals or just one or two, having the pure intention of accomplishment is, in my belief, a good predictor of if it will happen. May you, my reader, set just the right goals for yourself, and accomplish them with ease and grace! Happy New Year World!

No comments: