Saturday, September 12, 2009

Are you a movie fan?


Netflix is my favorite way to see films. If you're not already a Netflix subscriber, here is how it works. You sign up online. Once a member, you can see just about any movie in existence, with no hassles. You create an online queue of the movies you want to see. You choose how many DVD's you want to have out at one time. The more at once, the higher the cost. They mail you your first batch. As soon as you return each one in the post paid envelope provided, they send you the next one on the list.

As soon as I become aware of a film that interests me, I put it in my Netflix queue. That way, when it is released to DVD, I can be one of the first to view it, and it doesn't drop off my radar. If I have already seen it in the theatre, I just delete it from my Netflix queue. And if you are a fan of TV series shows, this is a way to view them commercial free, a year after they air on TV. One of my favorites is "24." It is so suspenseful that it is difficult to wait a week for another episode. Our record was 9 episodes in one night!

No comments: